I have a hangover today, and am thusly ravenous and headachy at the same time. Eggs are one of the best foods you can eat when you had too much fun (let's face it: too many goddamned gin and tonics) the night before. My hangovers also require carbs and grease. And because I'd prefer to use what little energy I have on a shower, hangover breakfast had better be easy.
Slutty Egg Bake
* A couple hash brown patties or a couple handfuls of tater tots (don't judge me, all gourmet sensibilities go out the window for hangover food)
* A handful of chopped onions and whatever else suits your bleary-eyed fancy
* Four eggs, beaten with a bit of milk
* A couple handfuls of grated cheese
* Bacon (I like thick-cut from the local butcher, but the Trader Joe's Black Forest Bacon will work if you're like me and need to keep a constant stock of bacon in the fridge)
Heat your oven to 425. Put the hash browns in a small casserole pan just big enough to hold them. Sprinkle with the onions. Bake for 20 minutes.
Pour in the beaten eggs, bake for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle with the cheese and turn the oven to broil. Broil for 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and browned in spots. (Is it just me or is slightly burned cheese the ABSOLUTE SHIT? AmIrite?)
Serve with bacon. Then go lie down in your yoga pants and binge watch something on Netflix. Maybe have a beer. Best of luck, my friend. And don't even pretend you're not going to do the same damn thing next weekend.